July 9, 2014 - Press Release, DMV Stops Truck Driver For Possession Of Marijuana While Operating A Commercial Motor Vehicle
July 2, 2014 - Graco Children's Products (Graco) is recalling certain rear-facing child restraints manufactured between July 2010 and May 2013, models SnugRide, SnugRide Classic Connect (including Classic Connect 30 and 35), SnugRide 30, SnugRide 35, SnugRide Click Connect 40, and Aprica A30. Owners may contact Graco at 1-877-766-7470 or online at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at email@example.com. Note: In addition, Graco will conduct a consumer satisfaction campaign to cover infant child restraints manufactured with AmSafe QT3 and Signature buckles. Under this consumer satisfaction campaign, the company will provide a replacement buckle at no cost to any consumer upon their request for the useful life of the child restraint. To see if your model may be covered, or for additional information, call Graco at 1-877-766-7470, visit www.gracobucklerecall.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 1, 2014 - Road closures at and around our Montpelier office on Thursday July 3rd. Details here, http://bit.ly/July4VT
June 24, 2014 - Inspection Station Bulletin, 2014 Legislative Changes
June 24, 2014 - Dealer Bulletin, 2014 Legislative Changes
June 24, 2014 - Law Enforcement Bulletin, 2014 Legislative Changes
June 12, 2014 - Gov. Peter Shumlin signed a bill that bans drivers from using cellphones and other handheld electronic devices beginning October 1, 2014.
Motor Vehicle Commissioner Robert Ide said mobile sign boards, currently advising drivers that use of cellphones is prohibited in work zones, will be used to alert drives to the broader ban as will public service announcements. From Burlington Free Press
June 12, 2014 - Owners of the “Vermont Strong” license plates developed to raise money for recovery from Tropical Storm Irene will have two more years before they need to take the plates off the front of their vehicles.
Under new legislation signed by Gov. Peter Shumlin on June 12, the plates can legally serve as Vermont vehicles’ front license plates through the end of June 2016, according to Motor Vehicles Commissioner Robert Ide. From VPR
Vermont Strong Plates are available at all DMV locations.
May 14, 2014 - The purpose of this notice is to pass along information received from the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) regarding the replacement of the structure carrying Route 11 over I-87. Along with the structure replacement, reconstruction of the ramps and rehabilitation of the interstate will take place from Exit 42 (Champlain) north to the United States-Canadian Border.
The temporary single lanes will be 12 feet in width. Because of this, wide-load carriers will need to make arrangements to use the Highgate Springs or Derby Line, VT, ports of entry as infrastructure prevents wide loads from crossing at any other border crossings local to Champlain.
Read the full notice here; http://ow.ly/wQoAh
April 3, 2014 - The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Adminstration (FMCSA) reminds travelers to check safety records of bus companies PRIOR to booking travel. Use the convenient app, http://bit.ly/SaferBusVT
March 25, 2014 - The Ministère des Transports du Québec informs you that the 2014 thaw period dates are now confirmed for each of the three zones. Therefore, the 2014 thaw period will begin Monday March 31st in zone 1 and Monday April 7th in zones 2 and 3. During this period, authorized load limits are reduced because the road network load bearing capacity is weakened. Restrictions vary between 12% and 20% according to the vehicle’s type of axles and configuration. For more information, please consult the Ministère des Transports Web site and click the “thaw” section or select the pages” Companies – Trucking – Vehicle load and size – Spring thaw” http://bit.ly/1dtfAhS
March 21, 2014 - New Rules and Reminders for Work Zone Safety
March 21, 2014 - Ministère des Transports du Québec Updated PROJECTED dates for the 2014 thaw period in Québec. For more information, http://www.mtq.gouv.qc.ca/portal/page/portal/accueil_en
February 28, 2014 - Motorcycle Training course schedule released today. Register online now. More details here.
February 21, 2014 - Ministère des Transports du Québec informs you that PROJECTED dates for the 2014 thaw period in Québec, http://www.scribd.com/doc/208358780/2014-Thaw-Period-in-Quebec-Projected-Dates
- January 03, 2014 - Important Safety Recall Notice. Child Safety Seats made by Combi USA, Inc. Includes; Combi, Coccoro, Zeus 360 and Zeus Turn. These child seats fail to comply to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for "Child Restraint Systems." To see the list of models and manufacture dates see details here.
December 31, 2013 - DHS announces Real ID enforcement schedule and list of compliant states; See document here.
December 12, 2013 - Attention CDL Drivers: You must self-certify before your Commercial Driver License expires or by Jan. 30, 2014, whichever is earlier. If this is not done, your CDL will be suspended. More info here.
December 11, 2013 - New Rules for license renewals. More info here.
December 09, 2013 - Listing of common motor vehicle fines here.
- November 19, 2013 - Vermont License Restrictions updated. Vermont Driver's Licenses have long used numeric restrictions (1-9), with the physical license limited to the use of a single digit. All new Vermont Driver's Licenses will use alpha restrictions (A-Z) with each license beiang able to support up to 5 individual restrictions. To see a complete list of new restrictions click here
- November 14, 2013 - Any plate that is lost or damaged must be replaced at the cost of the customer of $10 per plate. Vermont law allows the commissioner to waive the fee to replace a license plate that has “faded due to the manufacturing process or faulty materials.” You may obtain a Replacement Plate Application (Form # TA-VD-16) from your local DMV office or here
- November 04, 2013 - Construction of the Montpelier District Heat Project continues to impact parking and traffic flow in, and around, our Montpelier office.
- November 01, 2013 - Vermont no longer issues permits under the New England Consortium agreement. Any oversize/overweight vehicles requiring a permit to operate through Vermont must obtain a permit directly from Vermont DMV. Questions, call 802.828.2064. PDF of Bulletin
- October 25, 2013 - The kiosks located in our offices no longer provide a registration certificate or sticker. Kiosks provide a 10 day temporary registration. Permanent registration card and sticker will arrive by mail.
October 23, 2013 - The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) National Law Enforcement Challenge (NLEC) is a national traffic safety awards program that recognizes excellent law enforcement traffic safety programs.
- October 18, 2013 - The Vermont DMV today announced the launch of an extension to The Parent's Supervised Driving Program, a new mobile app titled RoadReady.
- October 11, 2013 - Effective 11/01/2013 Vermont will no longer issue permits under the New England Consortium agreement. Any oversize/overweight vehicles requiring a permit to operate through Vermont must obtain a permit directly from Vermont DMV. Questions, call 802.828.2064. PDF of Bulletin
September 20, 2013 - Vermont DMV offers a number of options for military veterans.