Job Opening - Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Inspector
General Job Description
Field inspection and investigatory work for the Department of Motor Vehicles, involving enforcement of federal and state vehicle laws and regulations, hazardous materials, vehicle permit programs, and general motor vehicle laws. The class role focuses upon large trucks and buses traveling on Vermont highways. Duties are performed within an assigned geographic district and include the authority to issue warnings, tickets, and citations for violations. Positions report to a Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Supervisor.
Please submit a cover letter indicating which region you are interested in. Applicants must reside in or be willing to relocate to the sector they are applying for:
- Northwest Sector - northern Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, western Lamoille, and northwestern Washington counties
- Northern Addison County – Ferrisburg, Monkton, Panton, Starksboro, Vergennes and Waltham.
- Western Lamoille County – Belvidere, Cambridge, Johnson, Stowe and Waterville.
- Northeastern Washington County – Barre City, Barre Town, Berlin, Cabot, Calais, East Montpelier, Marshfield, Montpelier, Moretown, Plainfield, Woodbury and Worcester.
- Central Sector– southern Addison, Orange, Rutland, southern Washington, and northern Windsor counties
- Southern Addison County – Addison, Bridport, Bristol, Cornwall, Goshen, Granville, Hancock, Leicester, Lincoln, Middlebury, New Haven, Orwell, Ripton, Salisbury, Shoreham, Weybridge and Whiting.
- Southern Washington County – Fayston, Northfield, Roxbury, Waitsfield and Warren.
- Northern Windsor County – Barnard, Bethel, Bridgewater, Hartford(WRJ), Hartland, Norwich, Plymouth, Pomfret, Reading, Rochester, Royalton, Sharon, Stockbridge, West Windsor, Windsor and Woodstock.
Position is member of Group "C" retirement
To read the full job specification for this position, please visit http://humanresources.vermont.gov/staffing/classification/job-specificat...
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Kathy Codling