The following vehicles are not considered commercial motor vehicles. Operators of these vehicles are exempt from Commercial Driver’s License requirements:
- Authorized emergency vehicles such as law enforcement, fire department, public or private ambulance, and volunteer rescue squads.
- Motor homes and trailer coaches utilized for personal recreational use.
- Military equipment owned by the U.S. Department of Defense and operated by military personnel.
- Farm vehicles that are:
- Owned and operated by the farmer.
- Used to transport agricultural products, farm machinery or supplies not used in the operation of a common or contract carrier, and
- Used within 150 miles of the farm.