A Demand For Arbitration will be docketed for a hearing when it is completed in full, accompanied by the information requested and submitted per the Filing Instructions. The claim will be returned if applicable enclosures are omitted. Please remember the preparation and presentation of the case is your responsibility.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- The vehicle was purchased or leased in Vermont or is registered in Vermont.
- At least the first repair attempt for the claimed defect(s) was covered by the manufacturer's express warranty for a "three-times-out" claim.
- The defect(s)/condition(s) is present as of the date of filing for a "three- times-out" claim.
- The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) for a truck cannot exceed 12,000 pounds. Refer to the GVWR label on the inside edge of driver's door or refer to manufacturer or dealer documentation.
- A business or commercial enterprise may have a maximum of two registered or leased vehicles.
- Vehicles within a government entity are not covered under Vermont's lemon law.
- A vehicle finance account must be current as of the date of the hearing.
- A consumer is precluded from filing through the State of Vermont process if the manufacturer's dispute settlement mechanism is elected. This third-party option is usually referenced in the owner's manual.
- A claim must be filed within one year after the expiration of the manufacturer's express warranty.