If your last License/Permit photo was taken on, or after, January 5, 2004, you may request a photo renewal by mail.
- Photo Licenses/Permits/ID's are available at all of our DMV office locations, however, only a limited number of DMV offices can issue a photo EDL (Enhanced Driver License/Permit/ID) - see current list of Vermont DMV locations issuing EDL/ID.
The following are requirements for issuance of a photo license/permit:
- A photo license/permit may be issued to you only if you have a permanent unexpired driver license or learner permit.
- You must surrender your current license, permit, or non-driver identification card before a photo license can be issued.
- If your current license/permit has been lost, stolen or destroyed you must complete an Application For Duplicate or Corrected Vermont Registration, License, or Learner Permit ( 136.13KB) and you must provide required identification documentation (at least one primary document and one secondary document). See the list of acceptable identity documents.
- Anyone who has surrendered his/her Commercial Driver's License may apply for a Senior Operator's photo license.
- Supporting documents will be needed if there is any change to your name, date of birth, place of birth or Social Security Number.
- No photo license/permit will be issued to you if a suspension, revocation or other type of license withdrawal that has been issued to you has gone into effect.
Please remember that you may be required to provide two forms of identification in order to complete any type of driver license/permit transaction.