EDL - Out-of-State Residents
For Vermont residents temporarily residing out of state, one or more forms of documented proof are required and must be submitted with this application. Acceptable proof includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- A Vermont income tax return filed for the previous year
- Proof that you have continuously maintained a Vermont residence while absent from the state
- Proof that you own a residence in Vermont
- Proof that you are temporarily residing outside of Vermont for a period of limited duration (paying non-resident tuition at an out of state school; temporary transfer of employment; temporary care of a family member out of state) and you have maintained ties to Vermont such as a bank account or voter registration
- Proof that you are a member of the United States Armed Forces, or the spouse or domestic partner, or dependent child residing with a member, and Vermont is listed as your home in military records. A copy of your military LES (Leave and Earnings Statement) is acceptable proof.
Vermont Residency Certification ( 47.26KB)