Inspection Station Bulletin 19-05
Several updates to the Vermont Periodic Inspection Manual (PIM) were recently adopted through the Administrative Procedures Act process and will go into effect on January 1, 2020.
The following is a list of those changes:
- Page 53 - Modified language under “applicability” to agree with Legislative change that took effect July 1, 2019 (ACT 59) / See DMV Bulletin 19-2 – Revised Periodic Inspection Manual (OBD testing for 16 model years old or less).
- Page 55 - Homebuilt vehicles – removed the reference to 1996 to agree with Legislative change that took effect July 1, 2019 (ACT 59) / See DMV Bulletin 19-2 – Revised Periodic Inspection Manual (OBD testing for 16 model years old or less).
- Page 97 - Remove 4a – “exterior sun visor” removed as it is not addressed in federal regulations or the inspection guidance from the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA).
- Page 111 - Inspection of “Wheels and Tires” was inadvertently omitted from the “Trailer” section which begins on page 110. The missing information now appears at the bottom of page 111.
- Page 112 - Advisory # 2 – removed “40 feet long or” and added “than 30 feet” to be consistent with federal regulation 49 CFR 393.11.
- Page 148 - Under “Exhaust” the numbered list started with the number two (2). This has been corrected.
The updated PIM can be downloaded here
If you have any questions about these or other inspection component criteria, please contact Scott Davidson, Chief Inspector or your area DMV Investigator directly.