- AVIP offers instant access to required inspection procedures and rejection criteria.
- Rejection criteria can be instantly shown to a motorist.
- Inspection Mechanics are able to immediately view previously identified vehicle component problems and failed inspections, prompting technicians to ensure proper repairs have been made.
- Inspection Mechanics and inspection station staff have immediate electronic access to bulletins from the DMV, and other information such as inspection-related forms.
- Inspection stations manage their inspection sticker inventory and order inspection supplies electronically.
- Vehicle registrations are immediately verified
- Inspection stations have access to safety and emission Recall Notifications from the inspection tablet
Inspection stations purchase Automated Vehicle Inspection Program (AVIP) inspection equipment including; a ruggedized tablet OBD scan tool, wireless router (high-speed or dial-up) and a wireless printer. The ruggedized AVIP inspection tablets are equipped with a high-resolution, auto-focus camera which will make documenting troublesome vehicle issues, easy and efficient.
Training is provided to inspection stations and Inspection Mechanics at no cost, and all inspection equipment will be installed by our partner.
DMV provides licensing for inspection stations and certified Inspection Mechanics at no cost.
What are the Fees?
Inspection Fees: The fee per inspection for AVIP Official Inspection Stations is $2.21. In addition, inspection stations will pay the State $6.00 per inspection sticker, which is a fee set by Vermont's Legislature.
Equipment Pricing: Official Inspection Stations must purchase AVIP inspection equipment from our partner. The equipment purchase price is currently $1,624.26 plus applicable taxes. This includes the ruggedized computer tablet with all applications and updates, OBD scan tool, wireless router (high-speed or dial-up), and wireless printer with toner replacement for normal AVIP use. Equipment payment options include paying in full as a one-time expense, or stations may choose to make monthly payment over a set period of time.
If you have questions about program enrollment or purchasing equipment for the call the AVIP Technical Support Hotline at: 877-445-9486 or e-mail them.
Sign up here to receive future electronic communications through email.