Does a school bus "garaged" in Vermont need to be registered in Vermont, or is it acceptable to have out-of-state plates?

If the bus is garaged in Vermont it must be registered in Vermont. Vehicles incidentally in Vermont are not required to be registered in Vermont if they are here temporarily and will soon be returning to their home garage.