- Inspection Station Locator
- Inspection History (lookup by VIN)
- Open Recalls
- On Board Diagnostics (OBD II)
- Vehicle Readiness
- Emissions Warranty
Inspection stations in Vermont are privately owned and operated by our business partners. Inspection stations and certified Inspection Mechanics are licensed by DMV to conduct inspections as prescribed in the Vermont Periodic Inspection Manual.
- Vermont has required safety inspections on vehicles since 1935 and inspection procedures became Administrative Rules in the 1960s.
- Emissions inspections have been required since 1997.
- DMV currently licenses, regulates and manages approximately 1,600 inspection station licenses and the licenses of approximately 5,000 certified Inspection Mechanics.
Questions and Feedback
Please use our online contact form to ask questions about the AVIP program.
Inspection Stations and Mechanics
Or, use our contact form for inspection stations to ask a question.