Overall administration by Department of Motor Vehicles is by Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner who report to the Secretary of Transportation. The Commissioner oversees Title 23 of the Vermont Statutes Annotated and portions of Titles 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18 19, 20, 24, 29, 30, 31 and 32. The three divisions consist of:
Motor Vehicle Hearing Division
Support Services Division
(b) Location and Assistance to the Public.
(1) The main office: The motor vehicle department main office is located at 120 State Street in Montpelier, directly across from the State House and Supreme Court building. The telephone number is 828-2000. The hours of work are 7:45 to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
(2) Other offices: For the location and times of operation of other department offices contact the department in Montpelier. The telephone number is 828-2000.
(c) Forms Procedural.
The department has certain approved forms and instructions which are available upon request and must be used where applicable.
The various manuals listed below are used by the department and are available to the public upon request:
(1) Periodic Motor Vehicle Inspection Manual
(2) Motorcycle-Moped Inspection Manual
(3) School Bus Inspection Manual
(4) Vermont Driver’s Manual
(5) Vermont School Bus Driver’s Manual
(6) Vehicle Permit Guide
(7) Vermont Motor Vehicle Title Program.
Source. September 15, 1993, S.O.S. Rule Log #93-64.
Code of Vermont Rules, rule 14 050 043