How do I change my vehicle registration to Vermont from another state?

You must provide DMV with the following:

  1. Completed Registration Application (VD-119)
  2. Title to the vehicle
  3. Updated (current) odometer reading
  4. Proof of the dollar amount of tax paid on the vehicle to any previous state (proof of tax paid is not necessary if the vehicle is over 3 years old and you have the title or proof of registration for the past 3 years from a taxable state)
  5. Visual Verification of Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) 
  6. Payment of the proper fees

Note: If the title to the vehicle is being held by the lien-holder you must provide DMV with the full name and address of the lien-holder.


Download the PDF form to your computer and then open it with Adobe Reader

Contact Us

Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05603-0001

Monday-Friday: 7:45am-4:30pm
email telephone

Public Records

Connect with us

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Instagram icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon