What can I do with the Temporary License/ID?

The Temporary License/ID is valid for driving purposes and other forms of identification. For instance, you may register a vehicle with your Temporary License/ID if you already hold a Vermont license. Banks, retail, alcohol and other outlets that use licenses and ID cards for identity should not accept the Temporary License/ID as a stand-alone document, but only accept it with the expiring license or ID card.