What is needed to register a used vehicle in Vermont?

You must provide DMV with the following: a completed Registration Application (VD-119), the title to the vehicle, a bill of sale or a properly assigned title, an updated (current) odometer statement and payment of the proper fees. If the vehicle is model year 2011 or newer an Odometer Disclosure Statement (VT-005) is required. 

Note: Proper assignment of a title requires all the owners listed on the title to sign as sellers in the assignment of ownership section on the back of the title and the new owner’s name must be entered on the “transferred to” line. Any liens listed on the title must be released.


Related Forms & Information

Contact Us

Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05603-0001

Monday-Friday: 7:45am-4:30pm
email telephone

Public Records

Connect with us

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Instagram icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon