Who Should Obtain Apportioned Registrations and Exemptions?

You must register your fleet apportionally if the fleet travels in Vermont and any other IRP jurisdictions and:

  • Is used for transportation of persons for hire or is designed, used, or maintained primarily for the transportation of property, and
  • Is a power unit having a gross weight in excess of 26,000 pounds and/or
  • Is a power unit having three or more axles regardless of weight and/or used in combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.
  • Is a commercial vehicle operating intrastate in 2 or more jurisdictions regardless of weight.