Now Hiring - IT Systems Developer (Montpelier)
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered
To apply for this position visit; careers.vermont.gov
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Kelly Reagan.
The Agency of Digital Services is seeking a technologist with an application development focus to help support the Department of Motor Vehicles' ability to provide exceptional customer service and ensure highway safety. We are seeking candidates with experience using Visual Studio AND VB.NET or C# and SQL, as well as strengths in systems and business analysis. We are seeking candidates who are comfortable working in an environment where quick issue resolution is often required. Success in this position means you are a self-starter with a positive can-do attitude using good judgment while performing a variety of complex tasks.
As an IT Systems Developer II at the State of Vermont, you can expect challenging and rewarding work that improves the technological capabilities of state agencies, employment at the State of Vermont brings many employment benefits too! Strong health insurance benefits, a pension plan, a deferred compensation plan and reimbursement for continuing education are just a few. Working for the State is rewarding in that you can substantially contribute to the long term wellbeing of State citizens, establish a solid foundation for your own long-term well-being, and continuously grow and develop your professional skills. Not to mention the many great colleagues you'll work with every day!
Primary responsibilities include:
• Analyze, design, develop, and/or configure new and/or existing code based on business processing requirements.
• Debug and test configuration, VB.NET, and SQL coding changes.
• Works to implement process enhancements through automation or other means of process streamlining.
• Monitor and resolve issues within the production applications/environments.
• Be adept at communicating technical ideas and concepts to our end users in a way they can understand, and on the flip side hear business needs communicated and be able to translate that into technical fruition.