Replacement License, Permit, or ID

If your Driver's License, Learner's Permit, or Non-Driver ID has been lost, stolen, or destroyed you may apply for a replacement online, at any office location or by mail.

  • In-person or by mail: complete the License/Learner Permit Application (form #VL-021) or the Non-Driver ID Application (form #VL-017) and mail with the appropriate fee or visit any office.

Note: Additional documentation may be required (at the Department's discretion) if the documentation you submit is questionable, or if there is a reason to believe you are not who you claim to be.

See Identity Documentation Requirements »

See License Replacement Fees »

Download the PDF form to your computer and then open it with Adobe Reader

Contact Us

Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05603-0001

Monday-Friday: 7:45am-4:30pm
email telephone

Public Records

Connect with us

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Instagram icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon