Refers to a corrected license, registration, title, or other document due to a name or address change.

Name Change

You are required by law to notify the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles within 30 days of any change to your address or name.


Change Your Name


You must apply in person in order to have your name changed on your license or non-driver ID card. To obtain a corrected license, please provide the following documentation:

Lost/Replacement License

18 June 2018
Used to make changes (name change, address change, etc), get a new picture, remove a restriction (eye glass) or to replace a lost or stolen license or learner permit. For CDL use form VL-031.

Change Name/Address

Change Address Online

You can update your address on file in just a few minutes with DMV Express. You can also choose to update your voting address. (Please note that updating your voting address is not immediate and may take 4-6 weeks.)

Update My Address

What you'll need:

  • Your Vermont-issued Driver's License number or the License Plate number
  • This service is free


Change Your Address

The Vermont DMV uses your mailing address to send correspondence regarding your driver license, registration, renewals, and more. It is very important to notify us when your mailing address has changed or to make corrections. You can also conveniently update your voting address if you wish.

Update your mailing address, address of residence, and voting address easily and securely online using DMV Express. This service is free of charge. You will need to provide your Vermont Driver's License number, date of birth, and last 4 digits of Social Security Number.

Subscribe to RSS - Corrected

Contact Us

Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05603-0001

Monday-Friday: 7:45am-4:30pm
email telephone

Public Records

Connect with us

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Instagram icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon