The following is a list of conditions that will allow you to register your vehicle exempt of payment of the Vermont Purchase and Use Tax:

A vehicle owned or leased by government

You will be required to submit proof of government ownership.

A vehicle owned or leased by religious or charitable institution

These groups must submit the following documentation:


Subscribe to RSS - Rental

Contact Us

Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05603-0001

Monday-Friday: 7:45am-4:30pm
email telephone

Public Records

Connect with us

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Instagram icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon