Vermont Statutes Online is contained in Vermont's Legislative web site and provides statutory language for Vermont law.
When researching Vermont Statutes Online for information concerning DMV-related laws the following list of V.S.A. Title numbers may be of assistance to you as they all contain statutes pertaining to the Vermont DMV.
Title 23 is the primary reference for motor vehicle law in Vermont
Additional Titles which impact Vermont DMV
- Title # 5 Aeronautics and Surface Transportation Generally
- Title # 7 Alcoholic Beverages
- Title # 10 Conservation and Development
- Title # 12 Court Procedure
- Title # 13 Crimes and Criminal Procedure
- Title # 15 Domestic Relations
- Title # 24 Municipal and County Government
- Title # 29 Public Property and Supplies
- Title # 32 Taxation and Finance
Each legislative session the Vermont DMV follows proposed bills that may have an impact upon this Department.
Please note that (in some instances) bills that are introduced in one legislative session may be carried over into the next legislative session if there was no final action taken regarding the bill in the year it was introduced.
You may check the Vermont Legislature's "Bill Tracking System" for specific wording of a bill by going to the Vermont Legislature's Bill Tracking System.
The following are listings of DMV-related bills that have been introduced in the indicated sessions of the Vermont Legislature: