It’s always wise this time of year to dust off our winter driving skills because we never know when Mother Nature will send nasty weather our way.
- Practice handling your vehicle on ice and snow in an empty parking lot.
- Make sure brakes, wipers, defroster, heater and exhaust system are in top condition.
- Check that antifreeze and windshield washer fluid are ready for colder temperatures.
- Put good snow tires (the same type) on all four wheels, and be sure they are properly inflated.
- Keep the gas tank at least half full.
- For the latest information on road conditions check newengland511.org.
- Clear all snow and ice from windows, mirrors, lights, wipers, hood, trunk and roof.
- Plan for extra time to prevent frustration when your trip takes longer due to slower speeds on slippery roads.