Winter Driving Safety Tips
It’s always wise this time of year to dust off our winter driving skills because we never know when Mother Nature will send nasty weather our way.
- Practice handling your vehicle on ice and snow in an empty parking lot.
- Make sure brakes, wipers, defroster, heater and exhaust system are in top condition.
- Check that antifreeze and windshield washer fluid are ready for colder temperatures.
- Put good snow tires (the same type) on all four wheels, and be sure they are properly inflated.
- Keep the gas tank at least half full.
- For the latest information on road conditions check newengland511.org.
- Clear all snow and ice from windows, mirrors, lights, wipers, hood, trunk and roof.
- Plan for extra time to prevent frustration when your trip takes longer due to slower speeds on slippery roads.