DMV Keys to Convenience
Do I need an appointment to visit an office in person?
Yes, Appointments are required for all locations. Walk-ins will be accommodated as time and availability allow, with priority given to those with appointments.
The appointment-based system is an efficient way to do business. Most customers appreciate the convenience of having a scheduled time to visit and avoiding the wasted time sitting in an office.
We encourage customers to use online services whenever possible. If your transaction requires you to visit an office, please note that appointment times vary according to location. Please feel free to check multiple locations based on your convenience to find the best appointment time for you. Please remember to cancel any appointment you no longer need.
Visit mydmv.vermont.gov or call 888-970-0357 to make an appointment.
- Address Changes (License or Registration)
- Appointment Scheduling
- Temporary Registrations & Plates
- Learner & Motorcycle Permit Testing
- Registration Renewal/Replacement
- Driver License Renewal/Replacement
- Commercial Vehicle Services
- International Registration Plan/International Fuel Tax Agreement
- Motorcycle Safety Course Registration
- Reinstatement Fees
The following locations are open Monday-Friday by appointment
- South Burlington
Note on COVID Extensions
- Driver's License and Non-Driver ID Cards that expired on or before 06/15/2021 have a ninety (90) day extension.
- All Driver's License and Non-Driver ID Cards expiring after 06/15/2021 expire on the date shown.
- Registrations expiring in June 2021 (or earlier) have a ninety (90) day extension. As of July 1, 2021, registrations will expire on the date shown.