Now Hiring in Montpelier - Client Service
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
To apply for this position, visit careers.vermont.gov
The Motor Vehicle Direct Client Service Specialist I is a fast-paced position that requires dealing with large numbers of customers every day. Candidates should be able to work independently and make informed decisions. Attention to detail is critical as work involves reviewing, verifying, coding, and processing applications for all types of motor vehicle registrations, driver licenses, and identification cards. The ability to process large sums of money and excellent customer service skills are required for this position. This position will administer road and written tests in inclement weather and travel to other offices, so reliable transportation is necessary.
This is not a remote position, and work will occur within the Montpelier DMV offices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and meaningful inclusion that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The State does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, membership in an employee organization, family medical history or genetic information, or family or parental status. The State’s employment decisions are merit-based. Retaliatory adverse employment actions by the State are forbidden.
You are offered a great career opportunity as a State employee, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State-paid medical premium and a dental plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan
- State Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance (FMLI)
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Low-cost group life insurance
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program