The IID collects and stores the information below, which is reported to the Department of Motor Vehicles and the Department of Corrections. This information is also provided to Project CRASH.
- The date and time of any use, or attempted use of a vehicle including a photo of the driving compartment.
- The date and time of any attempt to tamper, circumvent or bypass the device.
- The date, time and alcohol concentration, in grams per 210 liters, of each breath sample provided to the device.
- The date and time of any malfunctions of the device.
- The date and time of any failures to provide retest samples.
- The date and time a “service required” message is issued to the customer by the device.
- The date any service is performed.
- The mileage and hours of operation of the vehicle since the previous service was performed.