Skip to main content

What if I buy a 1968 El Camino from someone who has it stored in their barn and there is NO record of it at all in NMVTIS

  1. Complete the Affidavit of Non-titled Vehicle form (VT-025).
  2. Have a VIN verification completed.
  3. Provide copies of bills of sale.
  4. The title will be branded with "undisclosed lien".

Download the PDF form to your computer and then open it with Adobe Reader

Related Forms & Information
Title Sort descending ID# Description
Affidavit of Non-Titled Vehicle
This affidavit of a non-titled vehicle may be used when the vehicle has no record of a previous title or registration in the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS).
Bill of Sale (BOS) & Odometer Disclosure Statement (ODS)
To transfer ownership of a motor vehicle and state current mileage. Odometer Disclosure Statement is required for vehicles model year 2011 or newer.
Verification of VIN/HIN
To verify the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Hull Identification Number (HIN).