Applicant has a teaching certificate not endorsed for driver education:
This program is conducted several times a year.
Contact the college for scheduling specifics. Information can be obtained by calling (603) 752-1113. The program may include the following courses:
- Introduction to Traffic Safety
- Driver Education Classroom Methods
- In-Vehicle Driver Education Methods
- Alcohol, Drugs, and Driving
- Adolescent Growth and Development in DEI
- Zone Control
- Learning Teaching Styles in DEI
- Special Education in the School in DEI
Other recognized courses that are specifically designed to prepare teachers for the task of delivering driver education. Other courses will be reviewed individually for content and validity.
- A recognized course on the effects of alcohol and drug use.
- Complete the DMV Driver's License examination.
- Written test based on approved driver training materials (test administered by DMV)
Applicant does not hold a Vermont Board of Education Teaching Certificate:
- Completion of the requirements listed above.
- Coursework, such as Educational Psychology, that provides knowledge and skills pertaining to the principles of teaching and learning.
- 60 hours of classroom teaching experience. This may be documented as either student teaching time or classroom teaching experience that may have been obtained in other fields.