Vermont Dealer Registration Guide
General information for registering vehicles for Vermont dealers. More info...
Out-of-State Car Dealers
An out-of-state car dealer who has sold a vehicle to a Vermont registrant may;
- mail the registration paperwork to the Montpelier DMV Office for processing or,
- provide paperwork to the customer or,
- hand-deliver the paperwork. If the number of transactions to be processed exceeds five (5), an appointment must be scheduled through the Commercial Vehicle Operations Unit. More info...
- Hand delivery is NOT currently an option. See COVID updates...
- Additional Plates - $55.00
- ATV, Additional Certificates - $6.00
- All-Terrain Vehicle, Dealer - $62.00
- Car Dealer Registration (New, Used, Finance & Auction) - $503.00
- Farm Equipment - $78.00
- Highway Building Equipment - $123.00
- Motorboat Dealer, Additional Plates - $12.00
- Motorboat Dealer Registration - $42.00
- Motorcycle/Motor-Driven Cycle - $62.00
- Snowmobile Dealer - $55.00
- Snowmobile Dealer, Additional Certificates - $6.00
- Trailer - $123.00
- Transporters - $123.00