Skip to main content

Foreign Driver's License Reciprocity

​Foreign motorists from Taiwan (Republic of China) who apply for a Vermont Class D Driver's License may be eligible to have the knowledge and skills tests waived. The Vermont DMV has a reciprocal agreement for driver licensing with Taiwan.

To be eligible under the reciprocal agreement, all persons must meet the following requirements:
  • Must be at least 18 years of age
  • The foreign license must not be expired
Additionally, the following are required.

To exchange your Taiwan driver's license for a Vermont Driver's License, you must complete the following:

Appear at a Vermont DMV office and bring the following documentation:

Upon completing the application process, you will receive a Temporary Driving Receipt, which will serve as your valid Vermont Driver's License until your card arrives in the mail in approximately ten days.

For more information, please visit the website of Taiwan’s Directorate General of Highways, MOTC at (under the “Organization Duty” section, click on “Motor Vehicle Inspection and Administration”) or e-mail For inquiries regarding authentication of driver’s licenses, please get in touch with TECO-Boston at (617) 259-1350.

Download the PDF form to your computer and then open it with Adobe Reader

Related Forms & Information
Title Sort descending ID# Description
License/Permit Application - English
To apply for a new issuance or renewal of a Vermont license or permit (Non-CDL).
License/Permit Application - Mandarin Chinese
申请佛蒙特州执照或许可证(非 CDL)的新签发或更新。

Shēnqǐng fúméngtè zhōu zhízhào huò xǔkě zhèng (fēi CDL) de xīn qiānfā huò gēngxīn.

To apply for a new issuance or renewal of a Vermont license or permit (Non-CDL).
Vermont Residency Certification - Mandarin Chinese
用作未成年人申请人或年满十八 (18) 岁且与他人同住的申请人的佛蒙特州居住证明。

Yòng zuò wèi chéngnián rén shēnqǐng rén huò nián mǎn shíbā (18) suì qiě yǔ tārén tóng zhù de shēnqǐng rén de fúméngtè zhōu jūzhù zhèngmíng.

To use as proof of Vermont residency for applicants who are minors or applicants who are over the age of eighteen (18) and who reside with others.