You are required by law to notify the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles within 30 days of any change to your address or name.
Change Your Address Online
- Go to DMV Express, our online renewal service, and click "Continue" to the second screen.
- Enter your Driver's License Number in the first box and click "Continue" directly below the field.
Note: You cannot log in using your plate number to change your address.
- Click the yellow button on the left side "Change my address with the DMV."
- Provide your date of birth and last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and click "Submit."
- Enter your new address information and click "Submit."
In Person or By Mail
In Person: Bring the completed Replacement Registration or License Form (form #VL-040) to any Vermont DMV Office.
By Mail: Mail all pages of the completed Replacement Registration or License Form (form #VL-040) and any required fees to:
Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05603-0001