Skip to main content

Driver's License, Replacement

If your Driver's License, Learner's Permit, or Non-Driver ID has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you may apply for a replacement online, at any office location, or by mail.


Ordering a replacement license online is fast, easy, and secure. Upon completion, you will receive a temporary license. The permanent license will be mailed to you.

Order Replacement

By Mail or in Person

In-person or by mail: complete the License/Learner Permit Application (form #VL-021) or the Non-Driver ID Application (form #VL-017) and mail with the appropriate fee or visit any office.

Note: Additional documentation may be required (at the Department's discretion) if the documentation you submit is questionable or if there is a reason to believe you are not who you claim to be.

See Identity Documentation Requirements »

See License Replacement Fees »

Download the PDF form to your computer and then open it with Adobe Reader

Related Forms & Information
Title Sort descending ID# Description
Commercial License/Permit Application
To apply for the issuance of any new, renewal, replacement or correction of any and all CDL licenses/permits/endorsements.
License/Permit Application - English
To apply for a new issuance or renewal of a Vermont license or permit (Non-CDL).
Non-Driver ID Application - English
To apply for a new, renewed, replaced, or enhanced Non-Driver Identification Card.
Replacement License
Used to make changes (name change, address change, etc), get a new picture, remove a restriction (eye glass) or to replace a lost or stolen license or learner permit. For CDL use form VL-031.