Skip to main content

Non-Resident Snowmobile & ATV Registration Reciprocity

Non-Vermont Residents

Vermont allows legally registered ATVs & snowmobiles to operate in the state of Vermont with a valid out-of-state registration.

  • If operating on private land, you must carry written permission from the landowner.
  • If operating on Vermont ATV Sportsman's Association (VASA) or Vermont Association of Snow Travelers (VAST) trails, you must obtain permits, see information on obtaining permits on the VASA or VAST websites.
Vermont Residents wishing to operate outside of Vermont

Contact the other State or Province to see if they are reciprocal and determine if additional permits are required for out of state residents.