Non-Vermont Resident

If you do not currently live in the State of Vermont:

  • You must complete the Non-Resident Sworn Declaration and Application for Reinstatement Through Abstinence from Alcohol and Drugs form (VS-076).
  • This form shall be mailed to the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles RDL Unit (address is printed on the form).
  • This form must be notarized. 

Upon receipt of this form, the Vermont DMV will send you a certification of out-of-state ignition interlock device and alcohol treatment requirements. You must complete your portion of the form and deliver it to your current State DMV.  Your State DMV will complete their portion of the form and send it back to the Vermont DMV to reinstate your privilege to operate a motor vehicle on a public highway. 

This process allows your State to accept you into their ignition interlock program and substance abuse treatment requirements. 

Download the PDF form to your computer and then open it with Adobe Reader

Contact Us

Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05603-0001

Monday-Friday: 7:45am-4:30pm
email telephone

Public Records

Connect with us

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Instagram icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon