Driver's License Knowledge/Written Test
You will need the following:
- Original or certified copy of your birth certificate or a valid passport. See "Identity Documents" for more information.
- Completed Permit Application.
- If under 18, a parent or guardian must sign the license application.
- Two pieces of mail listing your name and physical Vermont address. See "Vermont Residency" for more information.
- Social security number (if applicable). See "Social Security Information" for more information.
- Fees of $32 for the test (pass or fail) and $20 for the permit. See "fees page" for all fees.
If you are looking for a translated version of license applications, see the "DMV Forms Translated" page.